Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grief Girl - 5,4,3,2,1 [ Pgs.165-191] - 10.19.08

Comments
1. If I were Tracey, I wouldn't sleep in her parents room, because they just died and now she's moving in their room. It seems wrong.
2. Tracey didn't even bother caring about Erin living someplace for awhile so that they can help with the crying and stuff.
3. I can't believe that Meril is only a counselor, I thought she did good, even though it didn't really help alot for Erin.
4. How Erin dressed up her little brother to take pictures was just like me, I use to dress up my little cousins and take pictures of them also.
5. The part where Erin broke the glass when she was angry reminded me of a time when I was so angry that I banged onto my window and the glass broke.

Questons
1. How come before, like at the funerals, Tracey didn't cry, but now she did when she and Erin had to take stuff out of her parents' s room?
2. How did Tracey thought that Erin wanted her to be a mother?
3. Is the rule now also that you and your teacher can't be too close? Because the people thought Erin was trying to replace her mother with a teacher.
4. Why can't Erin just hang out with Ms. Stockbridge outside of school?

Vocabulary
1. Banister [ pg.174 ] - a handrail, esp. on a staircase
2. Casket - [ pg.183 ] - a coffin
3. Visitation [ pg.185 ] - the act of visiting

Literary Terms
1. Setting - their parents's room [ pg.166-168 ]
2. Conflict - there was a conflict between Tracey and Erin, but now I think, because of Tracey telling Erin that she thought Erin wanted her to be a mother so that's why she's fustrated, etc.

Overview Sentence
-Tracey is moving into their parents's room, Ms. Stockbridge is gone, and Erin found out part of why the way Tracey been acting toward her lately.

No comments: